NOTE: THIS IS AN ACTUAL APP WHICH IS CURRENTLY BEING USED AND IS NOT A PROTOTYPE.
Empowering installers to visualize and sell more solar panels
Augmented Reality Application for iOS that enables the Energy engineer to visualize solar panels on the roof of the customer and calculate the ROI, based on the location, direction, area and slope of the roof.
Rexel asked Twnkls | Augmented Reality to design and develop an interactive sales tool to facilitate and support their salesforce. TWNKLS’ Enterprise Augmented Reality solution helps the sales representative by measuring the roof, configuring the solar panel setup and visualizing the solar panels on customers’ roof.
Key features of the App:
- Measure a roof using just an iPad;
- Configure the solar panel setup by selecting items from a product catalog;
- Visualize the solar panels on customers’ roof;
- Calculate the solar energy output of the photovoltaic system;
- Calculate the total costs of the installation;
- Calculate the Return on Investment;
- Generate a quotation for the customer.
How it works
- User downloads the app to their ipad.
- Launches the app and selects by tapping on the screen the corners of the roof.
- The iPad reconstructs the roof, using sensor and visual information
- User can add virtual solar panels to the roof
- The software calculates the customers’ specific situation
- Solar energy output and total cost, based on roof slope, orientation, selected configuration and Hespul data
- Sales can send a quote & photo of situation-to-be directly from the iPad to the customer
Configurator / calculator
The app helps the installer / Rexel show/visualize the different options and what it means for the customer.
After configuration the app will show:
- Costs of materials (panels)
- Costs of Labour
- Slope of roof
- Roof-direction (North, South, West, East)
- Area of roof
- Number and model Panels
- Investment and Savings and Pay-back time / ROI
We reduced a process that took days to mere minutes. The app has proved a hit with salesmen across Rexel, and has significantly grown the number of new sales. The elegance of this powerful solution was also recognized by the Dutch Interactive Awards, resulting in a nomination for 2014.
Rexel.com is a Global Leader in the professional distribution of products and services for the energy world. Rexel operates in 37 countries with 2,300 branches, a distribution network of more than 40 banners and 31,000 employees. Throughout the world, it is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners. Rexel is a world leader and benchmark in the electrical market. In 2012, Rexel recorded sales of €13.4 billion.
Feel free to contact us to see how we can create business value for your company!