C# / .NET / Azure developer and architect
TWNKLS is a Dutch augmented reality and computer vision pioneer. By combining technical expertise with a value-focused approach, TWNKLS has been creating custom augmented reality solutions for our clients since 2011. With a growing number of experienced specialists, we are developing new image based recognition technologies that result in new forms of interaction, user experience and business concepts.
Our projects are on the edge of what is possible nowadays, and our R&D team is pushing today’s boundaries a bit further. We are a flat organization, which means you can voice your opinions and we expect you to speak up if you think something can be done in a better way.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a hands-on C# / .NET / Azure developer and architect!
Please note that we are looking to fulfil this position urgently, and that non-EU residents should be in possession of a working permit in order to apply. We are also open to discussing temporarily fulfilment of this vacancy on a freelance basis.
We are looking for you!?
In this position, you will work on a variety of projects for renowned international customers and supporting the development team of our own TWNKLS STAR Platform for remote assistance as well.
Together with our high-end R&D and app development teams, you will work on projects that are in continuous development as well as on new projects. Setting up and improving architecture, performance and documenting your work should be your second nature.
The projects we work on involve Azure as a hosting platform. These projects are all deployable via PowerShell and as such, our ideal candidate should be proficient in achieving this
, and have knowledge on Azure PowerShell commands. Other Azure technologies include WebApps (all abilities including, but not limited to, auto scale knowledge, up, down, out and in), Storage (table, blob and queue), SQLaas, resource management, affinity groups, and subscription management. Knowledge on load balancing is essential as it needs to be kept in mind when auto-scaling.
Our solutions are mostly MVC based, utilizing most of the stack from attribution to output caching. The candidate will have to know MVC inside and out. Redis is used under output caching, and for KVPs throughout our solutions. Thread management should be an easy task for the candidate. A STRONG understanding of C# and the Microsoft .NET framework is required.
Do you have the same passion for AR as we do? And are you interested in the position of
, apply now!
The ideal C# / .NET / Azure developer and architect
- Is passionate about solving problems in a creative way.
- Is highly interested in AR- and mobile technology and its applications.
- Has a proven track record in developing backends and web-based products.
- Is happy to work in an international team of passionate professionals.
- Knows own pitfalls.
- Values the power of having a good design before you start coding.
- Has humour and a positive working attitude are both a big plus. You know how to roll up your sleeves (yes, we are based in Rotterdam) while making a joke.
- Is team oriented. There is no I in team nor in TWNKLS so we are looking for a real team player.
Required skills and experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in modern C#, Azure, CloudFlare, MVC, MVC Web API, HTML, CSS, asp.net, .NET Framework and MS SQL Server.
- You should be able to show us a number of successful projects or projects you have been working on and explain the challenges you faced and how you overcame them.
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows development and deployment.
- Proficient with Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- GIT knowledge.
- Proficient in English.
- Good at communicating professionally.
Bonus skills and experience
- Experience with Akamai.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI).
- Experience with cache servers like Redis or AppFrabric.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Patterns and Practices.
- Have worked with SCRUM or Agile methodology and JIRA.
- Experience with open-source libraries.
- Affinity with Web RTC.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- A laptop for mobile working
- Compensation for your private internet (home and mobile)
- Commute by train (2nd class) will be compensated 100%
- Compensation for a private pension plan
- A personal training budget
- An inspiring work environment in the centre of Rotterdam, next to Rotterdam Central Station
- Good coffee, daily lunch and organic fruit
Coffee, fresh fruits and lunch are served by TWNKLS and the one who is late provides cookies. After the communal lunch we like to show off our table foosball skills. To stay healthy, some of us like to run the marathon. Don’t worry about a dress code; we think it’s more important that you feel comfortable. Most of us are officially in their thirties, but yeah… you are as old/young as you feel. In our team we speak e.g. Portuguese, Spanish, Bulgarian, Romanian and Dutch but to actually communicate with each other, English or C# is the business language. We work in an open office in which we also collect some famous game consoles from the past. Some of us really played the Atari 2600 when they were young.
Do you want to join the team of TWNKLS? Send your resume, motivation letter (short!) and some impressive proof of your track record to careers(at)twnkls.com.
Responses by employment agencies are not appreciated / Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacatures wordt niet op prijs gesteld.